Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What next?

Here I am trying to decide what do I want to do with the rest of my life? I never really thought seriously about where and what I would be doing at this stage of my life. I have been married for 40 plus years to a man who has kept things interesting, to say the least. He has reached the point where he is looking to change his life , leave the world behind and enjoy the years that he has left. He always thought that he would die young and now that he is approaching 60 he wants to spend the years he has left enjoying the good life. Certainly he has worked for the right to do so. He has always been the decision maker in our relationship but now seems to be struggling with all the choices. I on the other hand have never really thought about what I would want to do if I ever retired. I have aways seen myself continuing to work, maybe part-time or volunteering more to stay connected with the world and to give purpose to my day, living in a smaller home, in an area not too different or far from where I am now. My husband on the other hand is dreaming about running away and living the life of a world traveler and beach bum. There is no doubt that we both want to be together so somehow we will need to find the right plan for us. Where can I find the how to book?

No comments:

Post a Comment